Skip to main content

Touchdowns & Tailgates

WHAT. A. WEEKEND. I'll be the first to say I HATE going out. Once I'm actually out, I love it but the struggle to get ready, see people, & come home late is real y'all... however this weekend was different. Some of my best friends from back home came out to the Texas State VS. UTSA football game & let me tell you... It was such a blast! We woke up early on game day because like usual, we procrastinated buying outfits. We brunched at Cracker barrel & headed out to the mall as fast as we could. We promised each other we would only shop at ONE store but one turned to two and before we knew it, we were shopping all over the place. Lucky for us, we finally found some outfits and we rushed right back home to get ready. We also told ourselves that we would only take an hour and a half to get ready but guess what? That also didn't happen. (We happen to be THOSE girls that walk in late everywhere... late, but we're there!) If it wasn't one thing it was another but I can happily report we finally made it out to tailgate! (2 hours late, but hey.. we made it) I was so happy to be around good music, good BBQ and good friends. I reconnected with friends that I hadn't seen since graduation and even bumped into some of my classmates. I wanted my friends to have the best time ever so the momma in me came out and I promised them I would take care of them. I wanted them to enjoy their first time in bobcat country. We laughed way too hard, walked way too much and seriously ate more than we should have. It's not everyday that my girls drive five hours to see me so we made sure we would end it with a bang. A fun day turned into a fun weekend & lucky for me, I get to call these girls more than friends... I get to call them sisters.
P.S. Texas State lost but let's be real... UTSA still sucks ;)

With love,
Martha Pina

Comments

  1. I love you so much! Just saying! Your birthday is also tomorrow! Just saying! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate! Being home all day than to get ready and than get back late is totally exhausting lol! It is fun when my bestfriends from home come visit me since I do not get to see them as often as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and the girls' selfie! I get the feeling that you all have a lifetime of fun ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candles & weekends.

This weekend was quite the weekend. Besides getting paid & going shopping, I did a bunch of NOTHING (my favorite thing to do!). It was one of the first weekends where I had nothing planned. I didn't go out, I didn't feel stressed, I wasn't rushed for anything... I was simply relaxing. Saturday consisted of a couple of naps & Sunday was my "deep clean" day. I cleaned my room, fixed my clothes, organized my backpack, and cleared out my restroom drawers... And you'll never guess what my reward was.... Lighting my new candle. I was SO excited to light my candle and lay down to a clean room. My room was basically a big cup of hot chocolate and I loved every minute of it. I'm grateful for days like this; days where I can just relax and take time for myself. I get to reboot and get ready for another busy week ahead of me. Today, I hope whoever reads this gets a minute to relax and reboot. Light a candle, lay down & close your eyes for a minute; if

Family is Forever

My heart is so full today. For me, home is about five hours away so quite frankly, I don't get to visit as much as I should or actually could. I went home this weekend & It seriously felt like a breath of fresh air. it felt so good to spend time with my friends & family and just catch up. I slept it most days, but managed to get ready & conquer the day by making endless plans. It's funny because time seriously seems to go by so much faster when you're having fun & it really did. I didn't get to do everything I wanted to or spend time with a couple of people that I said I would, but no doubt I'll make time for them next time around. My favorite part about my trip back home was sitting in my couch in my pajamas with my momma just talking about life. I missed being lazy and talking about pointless things with her. My dad was pretty busy most of the weekend, but I managed to see him and talk to him. I got to talk to one of my brothers about my future